Angel Eyes

Posted by Prince Saturday, February 3, 2007


Childhood infatuations is and will remain to be a very intense yet sweet phenomenon in my memoirs. To me, infatuation is a harmless feeling of love and attractiveness which can be cherished and can be, later in the life, thought upon as a fine blend of passion with an urge of acquiring something very precious and dear to a person.

As far as i remember, my first Infatuation (to the other sex) took place when i was 8 or 9 years of age, there was this girl named Minnie who lived close to my place, our parents were in close acquaintance and hence, we were always welcomes at each other's houses. She was in the same grade as me and hence we shared academical references too. She was a very sweet and witty girl full of energy, I used to call her Angel as she liked being referred to (only her sister other than me called her so) most of the times, we fought over petty matters, fights which sometimes went so much out of control that her elder sister had to interfere and resolve, but we shared a very special bond as we could never be angry at each other and that made our friendship last.

I still remember the time when i developed conjunctivitis and even after constant refrainments by her parents and mine, she remained with me taking a day off from school and helping me out in every possible way, keeping me happy and taking my mind off my illness and amazingly so, even after her close proximity with and infected person, she never developed conjunctivitis herself till the epidemic lasted.

At that point of time, i considered myself to be the luckiest person on the face of the planet! but my happiness was soon to be elcipsed...

Her Father, who was working in a bank got transferred to another city (Jabalpur), the day was one of the worst days of my entire life, our families celebrated their farewell together but for me, the celebrations were far over, and after she left the city, I cursed myself for not letting her know how special she was for me and how much i cared for her...

the feelings and the innocence of childhood love can never return and never can i expect her to stand at my doorstep and call out my name with her shrill yet sweet voice again, but i still hope to meet her one day, just to see how her life has shaped up in the past 12 years and hoping thats he would be proud of what i've achived.

Here's hoping loads of love and luck to the Angel who still resides in some forbidden corner of my heart...

1 Responses to Angel Eyes

  1. Unknown Says:
  2. the stories are gud but i was totally shocked by reading the last line of the last but 1 para..